The rules of citizen’s admission to the Medical College of Chelyabinsk State Medical Academy of the Ministry of Health and Social Development of the Russian Federation for 2012-2013 academic years
by the Resolution of the ChelSMA Academic Council
protocol № 5 of 20.01.2012
and put into execution by Rector Order
№ 13 of 27.01.2012
I. GENERAL REGULATIONS
1. These rules are designed in accordance with the Law of the Russian Federation of July 10, 1992 № 3266-1 “On Education”, the General Regulations on the educational institution of vocational education (secondary vocational school), approved by the Government of the Russian Federation of July 18, 2008 № 543, the order of admission to a state-accredited educational institutions of secondary vocational education, approved by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation of 15.01.2009 № 4 (with amendments), the Federal Law of the RF of 16.11.2011, № 318-FZ "On Amendments to Some Legislative Acts of the Russian Federation regarding the establishment of the admission quotas for the training of citizens at the expense of the budgets of the budgetary system of the Russian Federation in a state-accredited educational institution of vocational and higher professional education ", the Regulations of ChelSMA of Health Ministry of Russia, as well as other local acts of the Academy adopted in the due course .
2. These Rules regulate the admission of citizens of the Russian Federation (hereinafter - the citizens, entrants, applicants), foreign citizens, stateless persons, including the compatriots living abroad (hereinafter - foreign citizens, entrants, applicants) to a state-accredited educational institution of vocational education - Medical College - to study basic or advanced professional educational programs of secondary vocational education through the appropriate budget, on contracts with tuition paid by the juridical and/or natural persons (hereinafter - the contract with payment of tuition fees) and determines the features of the entrance examinations for people with disabilities.
3. Admission of citizens to educational institutions of secondary vocational education is carried out after they submit applications and confirm they have:
- secondary (complete) education or initial vocational training having passed the unified state examination (hereinafter - USE) in general subjects, corresponding to a chosen specialty, unless otherwise stipulated by the legislation of the Russian Federation in the field of education;
- secondary (complete) education received prior to January 1, 2009, and passed the entrance examinations conducted by the educational institution itself;
- secondary (complete) education received in the educational institutions of foreign countries and passed the entrance examinations conducted by the educational institution itself;
- secondary vocational education or higher professional education and passed the entrance examinations conducted by the educational institution itself.
Admission to the educational institution to receive vocational education through the appropriate budget is carried out on a competitive basis, unless otherwise defined by the legislation of the Russian Federation. The terms of admission guarantee the rights of citizens to education and enrollment of persons most capable and prepared to master the basic professional educational programs of secondary vocational education of basic or advanced levels of training.
Features of the admission of foreign citizens are specified in Chapter VIII of these Regulations.
4. Citizens with disabilities (those physically and (or) mentally handicapped, including the deaf, persons with insufficiency of hearing acuity, blind or partially blind, with severe speech disorders, and those with the musculoskeletal system impairment, and others, including persons with inborn and developed disabilities) are admitted on the basis of the results of the USE, and on the basis of results of entrance examinations conducted by the educational institution itself (in case the USE results are absent), the features of such examinations are specified in Chapter V of these Regulations.
5. The results of the USE, recognized as the results of entrance examinations in general subjects, corresponding to a chosen specialty, the results of entrance examinations conducted by the educational institution itself, confirming the successful passing of entrance examinations in general subjects, should not be below the minimum number of points of the USE results in such general subjects established by the Federal Service for Supervision in Education and Science, confirming the mastering of the basic educational program of secondary (complete) education in accordance with the requirements of the federal state educational standards in the current year.
6. The following category of applicants will be admitted to the educational institution without entrance exam results: winners of the final stage of All-Russian Olympiad, the members of the Russian Federation national teams participating in the international competitions in general subjects and formed as it has been determined by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation according to the specialty corresponding to the profile of all-Russian contest for school children, and an international competition.
7. Winners of other Olympiads are not granted benefits at admission.
8. For hors concours admission to educational institutions the following persons are admitted provided they successfully passed entrance examinations:
- Orphans and children left without parental care, as well as persons under the age of 23 years from amongst orphans and children left without parental care;
- Disabled children, disability groups I and II, if there is no contraindication for them to be trained in medical educational institutions according to the conclusion of federal agencies of medical and social assessment;
- Citizens under the age of 20 years, having only one parent, who is disabled, group I, if the average family income is below the subsistence minimum established in the relevant area of the Russian Federation;
- Citizens of other categories specified by the legislation of the Russian Federation.
9. The following categories of citizens have a priority right to enter the educational institution:
- Citizens dismissed from military service, children of soldiers killed in the military service execution or died as a result of military trauma or disease;
- The children of persons, who perished or died as a result of war injuries or diseases, they received while participating in counterterrorism operations, and/or other actions to combat terrorism. The procedure for determining the persons status involved in counterterrorism operations, and (or) other measures to combat terrorism, is established in accordance with the federal law;
- Citizens of other categories specified by the legislation of the Russian Federation.
In accordance with the law of the Russian Federation persons have the right to be admitted without entrance test, hors concours in case they successfully passed entrance examinations, or have priority right to be admitted and can take advantage of the right given to them only once applying for admission to a state-accredited educational institution of vocational and higher education for training in one chosen specialty. Such persons can apply for admission to other state-accredited educational institution of vocational and higher education on a competitive basis in accordance with the laws of the Russian Federation.
II. THE ADMISSION PROCEDURE
10. The procedure of admission on the basis of the Unified State Examination scores, as well as the organization of entrance examinations for secondary vocational education, is carried on by the admission committee of the educational institution (hereinafter - the admission committee).
11. To organize and conduct entrance tests the Chairman of the admission committee establishes examination and appeal committees.
12. The criteria for organization, staff, authority and activities of the admission, examination and appeal committees are regulated and approved by the Rector of the Academy.
13. The secretary in chief, who is appointed by the Rector of the Academy, arranges the admission committee activity and its officework, as well as the communication with applicants and their parents (legal representatives).
14. During admission process the Rector of the educational institution guarantees established by the Russian legislation rights of citizens in the field of education, transparency and public awareness about the admission committee work, objective assessment of abilities and aptitudes of the applicants.
15. The admission Committee should monitor the authenticity of the Unified State Examination results. It also has the right to inspect the other documents submitted by applicants.
To monitor the data authenticity of the applicants’ participation in the USE the admission committee makes inquiries in the Federal databases about applicant’s participation in the USE, and the USE results.
In order to confirm the authenticity of other documents submitted by the applicant, the admission committee has the right to contact the appropriate state (municipal) agencies and organizations.
III. APPLYING FOR ADMISSION
16. The application filling up process for professional educational programs of secondary vocational education starts from June 20 and is completed in August 15.
Applicants who do not have the results of the Unified State Exam, have to register until July 5 in order to pass the USE in accordance with the arrangement for the USE, approved by the Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation on February 24, 2009 № 57 (registered by the Ministry of Justice of the Russian Federation on 26 March 2009, registration number 13600).
17. To be admitted to a secondary vocational educational institution an applicant must submit an application.
Applicants may simultaneously apply to several educational institutions for several specialties, for various forms of education, as well as simultaneously apply to budget places and contract places with payment of tuition fees.
18. Required documents to be submitted to the educational institution are the following:
- when admitted on the basis of secondary (complete) general education or primary vocational education – the identification documents (an original or a copy), state certificate of education (an original or a copy), USE certificate (an original or a copy) - for applicants who passed the USE;
- when admitted on the basis of secondary vocational education, higher professional education – the identification documents (an original or a copy), by his choice the original or a copy of state certificate of education,
Persons, who served in the army and dismissed from the military service, must submit a military card. They have the right within one year after dismissal to use the results of the USE, they had passed 1 year before being drafted into the military service.
19. Persons, who have special rights to be admitted to the educational institutions established by the legislation of the Russian Federation, submit by their choice the original or a copy of the relevant documents for admission.
Required documents (the original or a copy) to be submitted to the educational institution by the applicant with disabilities are the following:
- resolution of the psychological, medical and educational committee;
- the certificate of disability, issued by the federal agency of the medico-social expertise.
Children with disabilities, disabled persons of groups I and II, in accordance with paragraph 3 of Article 16 of the Law of the Russian Federation "On Education" have the right of hors concours admission to educational institutions with successful results of the entrance examinations. Required documents (the original or a copy) are the following: issued by the federal agency of the medico-social expertise certificate of disability and the resolution about the absence of contraindications for training at the educational institution.
20. To be trained on the basic professional educational program of vocational education, applications are accepted from individuals with a state approved secondary (full) general education, secondary vocational education, initial vocational education or higher professional education.
21. The application should contain the following mandatory information:
1) last name, first name, middle name (latter - if available);
2) date of birth;
3) the data of the identification document, date and place of its issue;
4) place of residence;
5) information of the previous education and certificate of its confirmation;
6) entrant’s choice of the field(s) of training, the form of training and education grounds (budget places within the admission quotas, contracts with payment of tuition fees);
7) the information and results of the USE (if there are several USE results, the validity of which has not been expired, the applicant points out which results of the USE and what general subjects he uses);
8) presence/absence of special rights to enter the educational institution established by the legislation of the Russian Federation (if available - indicating the right and the document confirming such rights);
9) the availability of the appropriate Olympiad diploma if an entrant is the winner (with information about the name of the Olympiad, data of the diploma);
10) the necessity of accommodation in the hostel.
The entrant also agrees with the fact of his\her acquaintance (through a public information system as well) with copies of the license for educational activity, the certificate of state accreditation or the absence of such certificate and puts his\her signature.
An entrant should put his\her signature to the following information:
- He\She obtains secondary vocational education of this level for the first time;
- He\She is acquainted (through a public information system as well) with the date of submission of the original state certificate of education;
- He\She is acquainted (through a public information system as well) with the rules how to appeal;
- His/ Her consent to the processing of the personal data in accordance with the Federal Law of July 27, 2006 № 152-FZ "On personal data".
An entrant may use an application form exhibited on the official website of the Academy.
Having submitted the documents, an applicant is given a special form registering the received from him documents.
In the case of submitting an application containing incomplete information established in subparagraphs 1 - 10 of paragraph 21, and/or incorrect information, the educational institution gives the documents to the applicant back.
22. Applications for admission, as well as the necessary documents can be sent through the postal service.
The deadline of documents sending must be no later than August 5.
Submission of documents sent by the postal service is completed in August 15. The documents sent through the postal service later than August 5, are received and processed by the Academy by August 15.
22.1 An applicant encloses the application for admission as well as the copies of identification documents proving his identity and citizenship, a copy of the state certificate of education, and other documents required by the Admission Regulations, if he\she sends documents by post.
22.2. Documents are sent by an applicant through public postal operators with the notice and a list of contents. Notification and a list of enclosed documents are confirmation for documents submission.
Submission of documents to the Academy in the digital form (by e-mail) is not envisaged.
23. Every applicant has a personal folder, which stores all received documents and additional entrance tests and admission tests papers as well as resolution (if any) of the educational institution appeal commission.
Personal files of applicants are kept in the educational institution within six months from the time of document submission.
24. Having submitted the documents, an applicant is given a special form registering the received from him documents.
25. The applicants who submitted false documents are liable under the legislation of the Russian Federation.
IV. ADMISSION TESTS
26. Admission of persons to be trained in the field of "060109 Nursing", "060102 Obstetrics" and "060101 General Medicine" is based on the results of admission tests in Biology (profile test) and the Russian language.
Admission of applicants to be trained in the field of "060108 Pharmacy" and "060110 Laboratory diagnostics" is based on the results of admission tests in Chemistry (profile tests) and the Russian language.
27. The results of all entrance tests are evaluated by a 100 point scale.
27.1. The results of the winners of All-Russian Olympiad final stage, members of the Russian Federation national teams are recognized as the highest results of admission tests ("100" points) in these general subjects for admission to the field of training (specialty).
28. Admission tests organized by the educational institution itself, are carried out in a written form.
29. During the entrance examinations a calm and friendly environment is provided for applicants to help them show the level of their knowledge and skills.
30. If an applicant has already participated in USE, he is not allowed to take the admission tests conducted by the educational institution itself.
The results of admission tests for admission to full-time education are recognized by educational institutions as the results of admission tests to other forms of education and (or) terms of training.
31. Schedule of entrance examinations (subject, date, time, examination group and examination room, consultations, date of announcement of the exam results) is fixed by the Chairman of the admission committee or his deputy and the applicants are informed about it by June 20.
Applicants take admission tests in Russian.
32. Entrance examinations are the same for applicants in general competition, for hors concours admission to educational institutions, as well as the contract places with payment of tuition fees.
33. Persons are withdrawn from the competition, if they take their documents back after completion of admission procedure or get inappropriate results of the USE (below the fixed minimal score).
34. Persons, who missed the admission test due to a valid reason (illness or other documented circumstances), are allowed to take the USE in parallel groups the next defined date of admission tests or individually till the date of exams completion.
V. SPECIAL ENTRANCE TESTS REQUIREMENTS FOR CITIZENS WITH DISABILITIES
35. If citizens with disabilities have no the certificates of the Unified State Exam results, they pass the entrance examinations fixed by the higher school in accordance with the list of admission tests, in the form of a written examination, taking into account the peculiarities of psycho-physical development, individual capabilities and health status (hereinafter - the individual characteristics) of applicants.
36. During the entrance examinations the following conditions are provided:
- The entrance test is conducted in a separate examination room. The number of applicants in one examination room should not exceed 12 people - in case of a written entrance test; 6 people - in case of an oral entrance test. More applicants with disabilities are allowed to pass admission test simultaneously, as well as they may pass entrance test in the same examination room together with persons without disabilities, if it does not cause difficulties for applicants at the time of admission test;
- Upon the application received prior to the admission tests beginning the duration of the entrance examinations can be prolonged, but extension of time should be no more than 1, 5 hour;
- The presence of an assistant who provides the necessary support to the applicants taking into account their individual characteristics (to take a place, move, read and complete a form, communicate with the examiner);
- The print version of the Examination Regulations is provided to the applicant;
- Taking into account the individual characteristics the applicants are allowed to use technical items approved for use during the examination;
- All necessary arrangements or facilities should be provided to enable the applicants the unimpeded access to the examination room, toilet and other rooms, as well as their stay in these rooms (the presence of ramps, handrails, and expanded doorways, elevators; if there are no elevators the examination room should be situated on the ground floor; special chairs and other devices should be available).
37. In accordance with the categories of applicants the following terms are provided during the entrance examinations:
a) for the blind:
- tasks as well as instructions for the entrance examinations should be read by the assistant;
- the assistant dictates written assignments;
b) for the visually impaired:
- individual uniform illumination no less than 300 lux is provided;
- if necessary magnifying device is given to the applicant;
- tasks as well as instructions for the entrance examinations should be printed with font size 16 - 20;
c) for the deaf and hard of hearing:
- sound-amplifying devices for the collective use should be available; if necessary, applicants are provided with sound-amplifying equipment for personal use;
d) for individuals with severe speech impairments, deaf, hard of hearing all entrance tests can be arranged in a written form on request of the applicants;
e) for persons with impaired locomotor (severely impaired motor function of upper extremities or the upper limb absence)
- the assistant dictates written assignments;
- all entrance tests can be arranged in an oral form on request of the applicants.
VI. HOW TO APPEAL
38. Having received the results of the educational institution entrance test an applicant has the right to submit a written statement to the Appeals Commission if the violation, in his opinion, of the exam protocol had occurred during the test and /or in case of his disagreement with his test scores (hereinafter - Appeal).
In case of a written test an applicant may look through his exam paper in the approved by the Appeal commission room and at fixed time. It is prohibited for an applicant to take exam papers away from the room.
39. The appeal is not a reexamination. This procedure provides only verification of admission tests scores.
40. An appeal is filed personally by an applicant the day after the announcement of the exam scores. The admission committee provides the procedure of appeals throughout the day (up to 17.00 p.m. of the local time).
Committee will review the appeal documentation the next day after the applicant has reviewed his exam paper.
41. The members of the Appeal Commission are the representatives of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Chelyabinsk region. They work as independent experts.
42. Applicants have the right to be present while reviewing of the appeal.
Applicants must have an identification document and the Еxam Еntrance pass with the applicant’s score.
43. One of the parents or a legal representative of the applicant under 18 is allowed to be present, except for under age people, who are in accordance with the law recognized sui juris while he/she is still a minor.
44. After considering the appeal the appeal commission makes a decision on the exam result.
45. If disagreement at the appellate committee occurs the voting procedure takes place and the decision is confirmed by the majority of votes. The Appeal Commission will notify the candidate of its decision. The decision protocol must be signed by the applicant.
VII. ENROLLMENT PROCEDURE
46. Enrollment procedure is conducted after the accomplishment of entrance tests from August 15 till August 23.
The order of enrollment of persons eligible for admission without entrance examinations, is published after the document submission completed (August 20) and placed on the official website of the educational institutions and information stand of admission committee.
In this case the person entitled to admission without entrance examinations, must provide the original document of state education during five days.
47. Applicants must submit the original document of the state of education from 16 to 22 August.
48. Upon written request of the entrant the original certificate of state education and other documents previously submitted to admissions, the academy returns the next working day after submission of the application.
49. The final date of admission tests is the time of publication of applicants’ lists, indicating the number of exam scores, i.e. criterion which is considered by the admission committee as enrollment according to various admission terms on the official website of the educational institution and admissions information stand.
50. In the terms established by the educational institution after the entrance tests, the entrant submits the original document of state education and the required number of photos.
At the same time applicant, who has sent the documents by post, must submit the original document of state education and the original of the identification document, a copy of which was sent by him/her by post.
51. The order (orders) of enrollment with the exam results (number of points scored in the entrance test) both for budget places and contract places with payment of tuition fees as well as enrollment grounds (without admission tests, hors concours or target admission) is published on the official website of the academy and on the information stand of admissions on the day of publication and are available in the period up to December 31, 2012.
Procedure of applicants’ enrollment is carried in the following sequence:
- persons who are eligible to be admitted without admission tests;
- persons who have the right of hors concours admission to educational institutions and having passed entrance examinations successfully, whose exam results are ranked in descending sequence;
- persons who have successfully passed the entrance tests whose exam results are ranked in descending sequence.
The applicants with higher USE results are enrolled in the academy. If applicants have an equal number of points in the entrance tests, those persons having the preemptive right are enrolled for the course of study.
52. The enrollment order of those individuals who are recommended by the admission committee and submitted the original certificate of state education is issued after completion of original documents submission.
53. If any vacant places after enrollment procedure completion left, the Ministry of Health and Social Development of the Russian Federation (the founder), in exceptional cases, may grant the educational institution the right to declare additional admission procedure to the specialties of great importance for the economic development of the Russian Federation or the region from among persons with the results of the unified state exam.
Such enrollment procedure must be completed no later than September 1.
The founder must inform the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation on the list of educational institutions which became eligible for an additional admission procedure.
VIII. FEATURES OF ADMISSION OF FOREIGN CITIZENS
54. Admission of foreign citizens to the educational institution for training in basic educational programs of secondary vocational education is carried out in accordance with international treaties of the Russian Federation and intergovernmental agreements of the Russian Federation at the expense of the appropriate budget (within the limits of the quota established by the Russian Federation Government), as well as contracts with tuition paid by individuals and/or legal entities.
55. Admission of foreign citizens to study at the expense of the appropriate budget is accomplished:
55.1. in accordance with the Agreement on granting equal rights to citizens of member-states of the Treaty on Facilitating Integration in the economic and humanitarian spheres of March 29, 1996 for admission to educational institutions, approved by the Government of the Russian Federation of June 22, 1999 № 662 and other international treaties of the Russian Federation and intergovernmental agreements of the Russian Federation.
55.2. on the basis of the participation certificate of the State program to assist the voluntary resettlement to the Russian Federation of compatriots living abroad, who are members of this State program approved by Presidential Decree of 22 June 2006, № 637.
55.3. in accordance with Federal Law of May 24, 1999 № 99-FZ "On the State Policy of the Russian Federation with regards to compatriots abroad."
56. Educational institution admission of foreign citizens referred to in subparagraphs 55.1 - 55.3 of paragraph 55 of these Regulations with the aim to get education at the expense of the budget is carried out on a competitive basis, unless otherwise stipulated by the legislation of the Russian Federation.
57. Admission of foreign citizens to the educational institution for training under contracts with tuition paid by individuals and/or legal entities is carried out within the limits installed by the license to conduct educational activities.
58. Foreign citizens are entitled to a non-competitive entry and a pre-emptive right to be admitted to state educational institutions of secondary vocational education in the cases stipulated by the legislation of the Russian Federation.
59. Submission of documents from foreign citizens is fulfilled within the time frame prescribed by paragraph 16 of this Regulation.
60. When applying for admission to an educational institution for a basic professional program of vocational education an applicant is to submit the following documents:
- a copy of an identity document or a document certifying the identity of the foreign citizen in the Russian Federation in accordance with Article 10 of the Federal Law of July 25, 2002 № 115-FZ "On the Legal Status of Foreign Citizens in the Russian Federation";
- an original document of education (or its duly certified copy) or an original foreign state document of education, which is recognized as an equivalent to the state approved comprehensive and/or secondary (full) general education (or its certified a photocopy), if necessary, with evidence to establish its equivalence, or the original documents legalized in the established order (if necessary) of a foreign state certificate of education and its annexes (if the latter is stipulated by the laws of the State, which issued a certificate of education);
- a duly certified translation into Russian of the foreign state document of education and its annexes (if the latter is stipulated by the laws of the State, which issued a certificate of education);
- copies of documents or other evidence confirming the identity of the compatriot living abroad, his pertaining to the groups mentioned in Article 4 of the Federal Law of May 24, 1999 № 99-FZ "On the State Policy of the Russian Federation towards Compatriots Abroad";
- a copy of an entry visa to the Russian Federation, if a foreign citizen has arrived in the Russian Federation through the entry visa;
- 6 photos of 30mm x40mm.
All translations into the Russian language should be done to the name specified in the entry visa.
61. Entrance examinations for foreign citizens referred to in subparagraphs 55.1 - 55.3 of paragraph 55 of these Regulations, are determined in accordance with paragraph 16 of this Regulation and are to be given in the form established by the educational institution itself.
62. The form and the list of entrance examinations for foreign citizens referred to in paragraph 57 of this Regulation are defined by the educational institution itself.
63. If foreign citizens referred to in subparagraphs 55.1 - 55.3 of paragraph 55 and paragraph 57 of this Regulation present the results of USE in general subjects included in the list of educational institution entrance examinations to the appropriate specialty, educational institution takes into account the results of the exam as the results of entrance examinations in such general subjects.
64. Foreign citizens who are eligible to receive training at the expense of the appropriate budget and are winners of the final stage of All-Russian Olympiad are admitted without entrance tests to the educational institution to the specialty corresponding to the profile of the All-Russian Olympiad.
The educational institution recognizes the results of the winners of the final stage of All-Russian Olympiad as the highest results of admission tests ("100" points) in these general subjects for admission to the specialties that do not meet the Olympiad profile.
65. Admission of foreign citizens to places funded by the appropriate budget, as well as under contracts with tuition paid by individuals and (or) legal entities is performed in a manner and within the deadlines established by this Rules for admission (Chapter VII).
Executive Secretary of the Admission committee A.A. Fedosov
Vice Rector for Academic Affairs I.A. Volchegorsky
Head of Legal Department L.M. Korableva